To submit an article, simply click here or on one of the many “Submit an Article” buttons throughout the site (note: you may be asked to register as a Wonk Report user if you aren’t already, and to provide us with contributor information).
Next you must choose what type of article you would like to submit:
- Regular articles are those you submit to our Editorial team for publication on Wonk Report that are your own original work (submissions may be articles you’ve also posted to other blogs or websites).
- Slide Show articles are those in which you upload multiple images and content to be posted alongside each picture. These articles are typically used for rankings or a progression of events type article. These submissions are reviewed by our Editorial team for publication on Wonk Report (submissions may be articles you’ve also posted to other blogs or websites).
Wonk Report receives numerous submissions each day. Normally, your article will be published within 24-48 hours of submission, or returned to you with editorial feedback.
In general the following criteria is what we look for in deciding whether or not to publish a submitted article:
- High-quality: Articles should contain high-quality opinion and analysis. and must deliver on three separate metrics: Convincing, Well-Presented and Actionable. An article doesn’t have to include an explicit buy/sell recommendation to be actionable, but must include information that could help a reader make an investment decision in a security or sector.
- Topic-oriented: Write about a specific issue or set of issues. If you have strong opinions about healthcare, education, energy, economic, budget and social issues don’t try to cram them all into one article. While Wonk Report is focused on politics, if you have a strong opinions about society in general feel free to submit an article. We will not publish articles focused on sports or entertainment unless it is somehow relevant to the political community.
- Fundamental analysis: We look for well-presented and informed opinions. We do not publish articles where opinions are based on made up facts.
- Source/Cite: If your are using a statistic or fact to strengthen your opinion cite where you found that data point. Hyperlinking statistics in your article to a source is strongly encouraged.
- Originality: When possible please be original. If you are writing about well-covered issues, try to bring a new perspective that you feel others are missing.
- Compelling title: Your title should reflect the focus and content of the article and entice people to read your article. Bombastic titles, and articles that don’t deliver on the title’s promise will be declined.
- Clean: All submissions must be proofread already, and be free of any grammatical or spelling mistakes. Articles that have not been proofread and/or contain obscene profanity will be declined.
- Promotional content: We do allow an author to promote their own personal blog or website. We encourage authors that write their own blogs or manage and maintain their own website to build their brand. Articles that promote 3rd party companies and organizations will be declined. The promotion links in an article may not be to subscription pages, or promotions, but rather to a page on your site that adds value to the reader.
- The human factor: We work to consistently select the best articles submitted for consideration. However, the selection of articles and our Featured Articles is highly discretionary, and can be impacted by many factors including the number of articles addressing similar themes and the timeliness of the topic. We strive to maintain an open and constructive dialogue with our contributors, but we are regretfully unable to provide detailed explanations about why a certain article was or wasn’t accepted.
- Non-Partisan Website: Wonk Report is a non-partisan website. An article will never be rejected solely based on the political viewpoints of the author. Any article rejected will be because the article failed to meet the standards listed above. If you feel that your article meets all the standards listed above and was rejected unfairly please email us at contact [at] wonkreport [dot] com and attach your article.
Thank you for contributing to Wonk Report! We value all of our users and the content you provide. We are privileged to have you as a user and take pride in offering you this medium to share your voice with friends, family and strangers!